Sunday, January 4, 2009

December Holidays

My birthday was on the 14th December but I celebrated it on the 13th as 14th was a Sunday and the next day was a Monday and my parents had to work on the next day and we celebrated it by barbecuing and actually we wanted to book a chalet but it was fully booked but fortunately, my house downstairs had a barbecue pit so we booked it and I invited my tuition friends but they could not go so I just invited my relatives. I helped my parents by putting the butter on the food and my favourite food was the satay. We also bought BBQ marshmallow we barbecued until it was about 8.30pm then I went to the playground with my brother and relatives we played catching and more other games. Then it was time to cut the cake. The cake was delicious as the top layer was full of mangoes! The next day, when it was time to open the presents early in the morning, I called my brother to help me open as I just woke up and was very tired. There were storybooks and a few more other things. I enjoyed my birthday party very much.





It was the last day of 2008 when my family except my father went to Vivocity to join the countdown as you do not need to buy any ticket when you go in. We took the MRT as my father was driving the car. We went out at about 10pm so by the time we reached there was about 11.30pm and we had to find where the countdown is located at. As we did not know, we followed people as there were also many people heading that way. When we finally reached there, we tried to sqeeze through in the crowd to see what was going on. After about 15 minutes, it was time for the countdown. Then there were fireworks which were so beautiful. Immediately after that we went back when my brother said that he was hungry. I suggested to go to Macdonals but we just could not find it. So we went to Burger King to eat. We bought take away as the tables there was very messy. Then we went to look for a seat to eat. After we ate, we took the MRT back home again. As the MRT station was far from our house, we ad to walk back when we reached home we were all dead beat. Then we fell asleep immediately.

No comments: